EkoLance launches its first Smart Contract Audit Training Program in cooperation with AuditOne, a leading blockchain security firm. The training program is designed for developers who want to upskill and become smart contract auditors.
The purpose of this free Smart Contract Audit Training is to educate participants on smart contract security and the best practices for auditing them. The course will officially begin on March 1st, 2023, and the deadline for application is February 17th, 2023. The session will take place every Wednesday at 7 pm CET for 10 weeks.
The use of smart contracts-based platforms, such as Ethereum, has increased significantly. As of August 2022, Bitcoin.com reported that the total value locked in DeFi protocols reached $86.22 billion.
However, as smart contracts become more popular, the risk of security breaches and financial loss increases.
The following are some of the most significant examples of smart contract code errors:
According to Coindesk, a company called Parity Technologies had $30 million in Ethereum (ETH) stolen from them in 2017 due to a serious weakness in their Ethereum smart contract.
In 2016, hackers stole $50 million worth of ETH from Genesis DAO's crowdfunding investors. The hackers exploited a vulnerability in the system's security.
In August 2021, a group of hackers attacked Poly Network by taking advantage of a vulnerability in the system, and they stole $600 million worth of digital currency.
These and other smart contract hacks demonstrate how smart contracts are vulnerable to hacks and exploitations. For this reason, conducting quality and regular smart contract audits helps in identifying and fixing any vulnerabilities or bugs that could result in security risks or financial loss.
EkoLance understands the significance of enhancing the security of blockchain products, and this training was launched to train Web3 developers who want to improve their skills and become proficient in auditing smart contracts.
The Smart Contract Audit Training Program is led by skilled professionals in smart contract security from AuditOne, who have conducted audits for notable blockchain companies.
“As a recruitment company in the blockchain industry, we understand how important it is to have a skilled and knowledgeable workforce, especially in the area of security. That’s why we are thrilled to launch this smart contract audit training course—to provide developers with the skills and knowledge needed to audit smart contracts of superior quality and help foster a more secure blockchain ecosystem”—Maria Eneva-Olms, CEO of EkoLance
What are the Benefits of the Smart Contract Audit Training to Applicants?
Developers who enroll in the Smart Contract Audit Training get the following benefits:
1. Deepen their knowledge of smart contracts through hands-on experience.
2. Acquire the skills and knowledge required to understand smart contract risks and the potential damage that arises if vulnerabilities are exploited.
3. Become part of a large, blockchain-savvy community where they can network with other solidity developers and smart contract auditors.
4. They stand a chance to be selected for open positions through EkoLance's recruiting services.
5. Gain direct access to EkoLance corporate partners involved in the training.
6. Obtain a certificate from EkoLance and AuditOne as certified smart contract auditors.
To apply for this training, click here.
Importance of Smart Contract Auditing to Blockchain Companies
Conducting frequent smart contract audits is crucial for companies using or developing smart contracts. Outlined below are the numerous ways it helps a Web3 brand:
1. The auditing process helps identify security issues, weaknesses, and inefficient coding that could cause financial loss.
2. Prevents costly smart contract code errors from happening.
3. A regular audit builds trust with partners and customers because it shows a dedication to security and reliability.
4. Assists businesses in becoming more credible in a competitive industry like blockchain.
In conclusion, companies ought to make smart contract audits a top priority to make their smart contracts more secure and reliable.
Click here to send us an email for further discussion on how we can partner with your projects, and provide you access to well-trained smart contract auditors from our talent pool. They will help you avoid potential vulnerabilities that can put your blockchain project at risk.
EkoLance is a skill-training and recruitment company that equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the specific requirements of your preferred career in the blockchain industry. In addition to providing skill training, we partner with global tech companies in finding and hiring qualified candidates from our talent pool.
To read the summary of our just concluded blockchain content creator training for professionals, click here.
Follow us on our social channels: